Melview Angling Lodge
Bed & Breakfast
Co. Longford, Ireland
5 Rms, 12 Guests
Specialist Angling Accommodation
Situated just off the N4 Longford Town, Melview Lodge B & B is right in the heart of the Upper Shannon and Erne Waterways. Experience the genuine warmth and friendliness of the local people whilst surrounding yourself with the sights and sounds of the beautiful Irish countryside.
Melview Lodge is Irish Tourist Board 3* approved and comes highly recommended, whether for an overnight stay, a weekend break or a longer vacation in Ireland. We provide flexible, good value Bed and Breakfast accommodation and great hospitality to our guests in a peaceful, quiet location. Families and children are also warmly welcomed.
With over 30 years experience fishing and living in Ireland I’m happy to share my knowledge and experience of the best local fishing with my guests.
Kevin Lyons, Your Host
Food & Drink
In-House Meal Service
Enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast every day of your stay, from full Irish to continental.
Coffee, Tea, Water, & Assorted Beverages
There are tea and coffee making facilities in each bedroom, and packed lunches are available on request.
We also provide evening meals – please book in advance.
We offer free use of 17ft lake boats for the duration of your stay.
Secure car parking to the rear of the lodge.
It’s Ireland, so it’s very likely you’ll need somewhere to dry your kit.
There’s no need to travel for the angling essentials, they’re all available in our tackle shop.
Free high speed wi-fi available throughout the accommodation.
Flat Screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities in each room.
Have a Question?
Talk to the Host
Location & Nearby Attractions
Longford has a wealth of activities for all ages – see our Activities page for more information.
Longford has plenty of places to eat, from Asian street food restaurants through Italian, Indian and Chinese. There’s a mood and a budget for everybody.
An Anglers Paradise
At the heart of the Lakelands of Ireland, Longford is host to some of the best coarse and pike fishing available in the country. The county boasts many excellent lakes, rivers and canals, including the longest county shoreline of the River Shannon.
If you’re feeling adventurous there’s plenty to do around Longford from Watersports & Archery to quadding and kartijng.
Bars & Lounges
You can’t go too far in Ireland before you encounter a pub, and Longford has it’s fair share of bars and lounges. From small traditional bars on side streets to modern bar restuarants you’re sure to find something to suit you.
Cruising & Boating
After many years of laying derelict, The Royal Canal, which was built between 1789 and 1817 and then closed in the 1961, is now mainly restored to its former glory.
Visit the Backstage Theater or Longford Cineplex cinema for entertainment. There’s also live music at many bars and pubs at weekends.
Walking & Hiking
County Longford is graced with some of Irelands most remote, unique and unspoilt landscape. The entire county offers underexplored, lowlying countryside for the walker, cyclist and nature lover.
Nice place and people
Thank you for everything, nice place and people.
We came as guests but leave as friends
Thanks a lot for your hospitality, we came as guests but leave as friends. Great fishing
We had a amazing time
Thank you so much, we had a amazing time and lots of Pike. See you next year.
You left us with some great memories
Thank you Kevin, you left us with some great memories of Pikes, Fun and your breakfast and dinners
Great place, good food and good Pike Fishing
Thank you for a great stay Mr Kevin, great place, good food and good Pike Fishing.
Many thanks for your hospitality
Many thanks for your hospitality, we’ve had a marvellous 10 day’s fishing at Melview Lodge
Thanks for taking so much care of us
Even the the weather couldn’t tone down our lack of enthusiasm for the Pike fishing, thanks for taking so much care of us.
Great fishing see you next year!
Many thanks for an excellent Pike fishing holiday, we now know our best fishing destination. See you again in February
Second to none.
Thanks for a very comfortable and hospitable stay that was second to none.
Great fishing see you next year!
Yet again thanks for a great stay, the fishing was great and the hospitality & banter was brilliant. See you again next year.
00353 (0)43 3345061
Drumlish Road Clonrollagh Co. Longford Ireland
Requirements for travelling to and from Ireland
Travelling to the Republic of Ireland from inside the EU
- If you have an EU Digital Covid Certificate(DCC), no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you have valid proof that you have recovered from COVID -19 in the past 180 days, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you do not have valid proof of vaccination or recovery, you will need to present evidence of a negative RT-PCR result from a test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country. A follow up RT-PCR test is recommended on day 5 after arrival (provided free through Health Service Executive)
Republic of Ireland - EU Digital COVID Certificate
Travelling to the Republic of Ireland from outside the EU (including Great Britain)
- If you have valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you have valid proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 180 days, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you do not have valid proof of vaccination or recovery, you will need to:
- present evidence of a negative result from a privately taken (non-NHS) RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
- self-quarantine for 14 days
- If you receive a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken from day 5 onwards after arrival into Ireland, you will be able to leave quarantine.